Best iOS App For Recording

Forums Tech Talk Best iOS App For Recording

To contribute to the discussion, you must log in or register

• Author
    Carlos Miller
    Keymaster
    Aggregated topic rating: 3

Best iOS app for audio/video recording? I’d prefer something that can record while locked and auto-upload to a remote server.

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

I use android, so…
    Test Bambuser and Dropbox.
    Dropbox will automatically upload video (or pictures) when off button is pushed or recording stopped. Just make sure the app is running in the background. Not live streaming, will only upload after recording stopped.
    Bambuser is live streaming and will continue to record and upload even after off button is pushed. Unsent data is saved to phone and can be uploaded later to complete video record.
    As always, test these apps under different situations and know their ins and outs.

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

Dropbox won’t upload video unless you are connected to WIFI on an IOS device.

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

That stinks!
    I know for a fact Dropbox on Galaxy S2 (running android) will upload video on data plan. I have tested this multiple times.

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

This thread was mentioned and linked in The Blaze in an article about recovering deleted footage.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/09/want-to-know-how-to-recover-deleted-photos-and-video-from-your-devices/

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

Pretty cool. I even managed to avoid the dreaded [sic].

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

USTREAM has an iOS app that does live streaming (over WiFi or 3G) to their servers and recording. Let them take the phone. The video is already online. Let them know that too.

Carlos Miller
    Keymaster

I’ve also used Qik and that seems to work well. It will upload over cellular with IOS as well as live stream.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log inRegister

Javascript is currently disabled. This website functions better with Javascript. Please enable Javascript in your browser.
Internet Explorer is out-of-date. Please upgrade your browser or install Google Chrome Frame for an improved web browsing experience.