Massachusetts state police arrested a 65-year-old woman who was standing on her property photographing the damage after a car had come crashing through her yard and into her driveway late Sunday night.

Judith Davis-Scott spent the night in jail on charges of interfering with an investigation and disorderly conduct.

It is not clear if police have returned the Nikon they confiscated from her.

According to the Enterprise News:

Monday morning, she showed media crews bruises on her arms that she said resulted after a state police officer grabbed her and handcuffed her.

“I told them this is my property and I have a right to take pictures on my property,” said Davis-Scott, an optician.

She said the state police officer “grabbed me and dragged me up the stairs and he pushed me into the house.”

Not only is it her right to take photos from her own property, it is completely understandable why she would do it.

She was awakened by the sound of a car crashing through her fence. She looked out her second-floor window and saw a car had crashed into her Ford Escapade parked in her driveway.

The car was on fire. Two occupants were inside. Both had been shot. One was dead.

Davis-Scott dialed 911 and ran outside, watching in horror as the flames grew, fearing that both cars would explode.

Once the flames were put out, she began taking photos of the damage to her property, which is something every homeowner should do.

But police acted as if she were breaking the law.

Meanwhile, they have no clue who shot the two people in the vehicle.

Her husband, Michael Scott, a disabled veteran, sat on his back porch on Monday, and shook his head when speaking of the night before and of his wife’s arrest.

“This is ridiculous,” Scott said, his eyes filling with tears. “You try to live a decent life and this is what you get. It’s upsetting.”

UPDATE: Here is an update to the story that doesn’t really clear things up, only gives two versions of the story, which further proves the need for both cops and citizens to have video cameras rolling at all times when dealing with each other.

But it said that police returned her camera with the photos intact.

She was combative,” Procopio said. “She was refusing orders. The Brockton officers and the troopers used only the steps absolutely necessary to subdue her and to place her into custody once the decision to do so was made.”

According to the arrest report, Delehoy said police ordered Davis-Scott to leave the crime scene area three times, but she kept returning to the area. She later became combative and yelled obscenities and struggled with police, according to the report.

At one point, after police escorted Davis-Scott to her front door and her husband pulled her inside, she “rushed the front door and kicked it open, striking Trooper Gabriel in the arm causing a couple small lacerations,” according to the report.

Davis-Scott disputed the arrest report.

“A lot of that is lies,” she said.

She said Gabriel, the state trooper, “broke my ribs.” She said she was screaming during the incident because police were hurting her and she was in pain.

“It was police brutality. Yes, of course I was screaming obscenities at them, a couple,” Davis-Scott said. “They caused damage to my body.”